Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 23: Pork Loin and Roasted Vegetables

  For dinner on day 23, I prepared a pork loin along with roasted vegetables. I must tell you that my 1 lb. pork loin did not get done in the oven at the suggested "350 degrees for 20 minutes per pound", and because I had to be somewhere, I had to zap it in the microwave for a couple minutes.
  To prepare the loin, I rubbed it with minced garlic, sage, sea salt and pepper and roasted it on top of the vegetables. Even with nuking for a bit, it still turned out very tasty and tender!



Ingredients
  • one sweet potato, diced
  • one zucchini, diced
  • one red onion, diced (I wish I hadn't added this. It didn't taste that good with the other vegetables.)
  • olive oil
  • paprika
  • sea salt
  • black pepper
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Dice vegetables and place in shallow baking pan.
  3. Drizzle with olive oil.
  4. Add preferred amount of spices.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring vegetables throughout to ensure even cooking.
  I'm not sure I've ever roasted vegetables before. I'm glad to have had the experience! It was easy to do and tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment